About the Company
MX Underwriting Limited is an established Managing General Agent operating predominantly in the real estate development and transactional markets.
MX is a market leader and innovator, being the first capacity provider to offer a solution to Rights of Light risks along with several other unique products that have been replicated in the market.
Innovation is one of MX’s core values and MX will continue to look for new ways to unlock development opportunities and increase asset bankability.
About the Role
The purpose of this role is to underwrite commercial legal indemnity risks attached to real estate and renewable energy projects. The successful candidate will work within agreed authority levels and seek to maximise business profitability by making effective underwriting decisions.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Underwriting Manager, as well as the wider underwriting team, and have access to training to further their professional development and cement their career in underwriting.
- Underwriting a wide variety of legal indemnity risks, including rights of light, judicial review and title risks (subject to appropriate training and competence), in accordance with MX’s underwriting rules and guidelines.
- Managing their own pipeline of cases to meet deadlines, whilst delivering excellent client service.
- Assisting senior underwriters on complex and high value risks.
- Building relationships with the brokers and law firms that MX work with.
- Developing a detailed understanding of risk transfer and pricing models.
- Promoting MX’s products and services within relevant markets.
- Law Degree (minimum 2:1) preferred, although candidates with other qualifications and experience will be considered.
- Experience of working as an Assistant Underwriter or Underwriter within the Legal Indemnity market.
- Demonstrate an inclusive approach in all forms of communication, and an awareness of your impact on others.
- Promote knowledge sharing and demonstrate a desire to grow by being inquisitive and identifying gaps in your own knowledge.
- Adopt a collaborative approach to all interactions and have a flexible and agile approach, as the role will involve periods of high demand.
- Strive to deliver excellence and produce high quality work, with strong attention to detail.
- Actively demonstrate customer focus and client orientation, take accountability for your work and contribute towards delivering smart solutions.
For more information on this role, please contact the People & Culture team – email@example.com
To apply, please submit your C.V. and any relevant supporting documentation via email, stating which role you are interested in.