About the Company
Specialist Risk Group (SRG) is an integrated group of insurance intermediaries arranging specialist insurance for corporates operating in the UK and internationally. The group serves over 18,000 end policyholders across multiple lines of business and specialises in creating solutions to challenging risk transfer questions. We have a strong track record of organic growth, complemented by an active acquisition strategy.
In December 2020, SRG announced a majority investment by HGGC. HGGC is a leading U.S.-based private equity firm with over £4.0 billion in cumulative capital commitments. As a result, we expect to increase our pace of acquisitions across the UK, Europe and Asia.
SRG has created a people-first culture across the group which drives excellent colleague engagement. People and culture is the first element of our business plan. We are creating a workplace where we respect each other, work together to achieve our goals and we aim to be a Company we are proud to tell our friends and family about.
About the Role
SRG is seeking to hire an experienced Compliance Business Partner to join their growing business. This is a general compliance role with a broad variety of duties including attending and presenting to SRG’s pillar ExCom and acting as the coordinator for some governance committees. As well as providing support to the wider compliance team to develop and embed the group compliance framework.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- Help in the identification of forthcoming regulatory changes that will impact SRG and provide appropriate notification to all key stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Collaborate in the development of policies and procedures to respond to regulatory changes and support with the integration of any process changes into the business.
- Ensure that all key stakeholders are kept abreast of all key relevant FCA initiatives, updates, enforcement actions etc.
Business/Culture Support and Advisory
- Act as the compliance representative at the Pillar ExComs.
- Act as the insurer security and Third party co-ordinator, conduct risk assessment on trading partners and present updates to relevant committee.
- Identify and share professional and regulatory risks to the business and work with the business to enhance controls as appropriate.
- Promote an open line of communication between Compliance and the business to provide the business with updates on current Compliance initiatives and projects and visa versa.
- Work with the pillar leadership to ensure compliance is embedded in all areas of the business including project development including financial promotion sign off.
Policies and Procedure
- Provide support in the creation, maintenance and communication of central compliance standards, policies and procedures.
Insurer security, third parties and product governance committee co-ordinator
- Act as the co-ordinator for the Insurer security; Third parties and Product Governance Committees.
- monitor new requests, conduct risk assessment as required and escalate to appropriate approvals requests to the committee.
- produce relevant report to provide committee oversight of effectiveness of controls and risk to SRG.
Training and Communications
- Provide regular regulatory updates to the Compliance team/Business and develop/post communications in collaboration with the Marketing team.
- Develop in collaboration with team colleagues tools, checklists and other processes to help embed compliance-related requirements into the day-to-day activities of client-facing and functional colleagues.
Routine legal documents
- Reviewing legal documents and assisting in the negotiation of TOBAs and NDAs.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to deal with complex situations calmly and constructively;
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders ;
- Ability to develop and implement compliance programme and policy;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively;
- A commercial pragmatic approach to problem-solving in a fast-pace environment;
- A good understanding of both broking and underwriting businesses and delegated authorities;
- Understanding of Lloyds and London Insurance Market and the nature of insurance business;
- Experience in a compliance team within an insurance company, broker or a consultancy or a Regulator
- Strong, demonstrable knowledge of legislation and regulation applicable to SRG;
- Experience of using EXCEL, WORD and SMARTSHEETS.
For more information on this role, please contact the People & Culture team – email@example.com
To apply, please submit your C.V. and any relevant supporting documentation via email, stating which role you are interested in.